The battle of the mind is one of the most important that we have to win. Missionary and evangelist Zane Estis said this week at Camp Blessing something like this: “What gets in the eyes and what gets in the ears will get into the mind!”
Psalm 36:4 is talking about the mind:
He deviseth mischief upon his bed; he setteth himself in a way that is not good; he abhorreth not evil.
That is all in the mind. Then the action follows.
It is in the mind that we lose the fear of God.
It is in the mind that we justify our sins.
It is in the mind that we convince ourselves that we are not at all bad.
It is in our minds that we create this deception that God has no access into our thoughts or our daily lives. But all the while He does! He sees our sin within our thoughts!
The goal then must be to take our thoughts captive. 2 Corinthians 10:5
Craig Groeschel recently listed 9 Declarations to Help Win the War in Your Mind:
1. Jesus is first in my life. I exist to serve and glorify Him.
2. I am disciplined. Christ in me is stronger than the wrong desires in me.
3. Pain is my friend. I rejoice in suffering because Christ suffered for me.
4. I am strengthened by God who upholds me, protects me, and defends me.
5. I am not easily offended and will not hold onto bitterness.
6. I wake up with purpose, direction, and meaning every day of my life.
7. I love people and believe the best about others.
8. I take all thoughts captive and make them obedient to Christ.
9. The same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead lives within me.
We can enjoy victory in our minds. Purpose in your heart to live in victory today! God bless!